Procedure for obtaining an airport transit visa
An airport transit visa (ATV) allows its holder to : remain in the international zone of an airport between connecting flights ; and move from one international zone to another international zone. An airport transit visa does not permit its holder to enter or stay in any of the Schengen Area countries.
In application of Decree n°2008-1176 dated 13 November 2008 and the European Parliament Regulation (EC) N°810/2009 dated 13 July 2009, the Visa Section of the Embassy of France does not process visa applications from applicants who do not habitually reside or are not domiciled in Pakistan, except for emergencies/unforeseen circumstances.
It is mandatory for nationals from the countries listed in the Community Code on Visas - Annexe IV to obtain an ATV.
1. An ordinary passport or other recognised travel document valid for at least three months from the expiry date of the visa applied for. This document must have at least two fresh pages. Please attach previous and cancelled passports, if any.
2. One Short-stay visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
3. Two recent photographs of the applicant. Please check photograph specifications here.
4. Copy of confirmed air tickets.
5. Visa for the country of your final destination, if you require one.
6. Any other document that helps understand that the visa applicant has no intention of entering the territory of the Member States of the Schengen Area.
7. If you are a third country national residing in Pakistan, please furnish supporting documents attesting to the legality and the authorised duration of your residence here.
1. Applications must be submitted to the outsourcing company in charge of appointments http://www.ambafrance-pk.org/Oppeni...
2. All supporting documents must be submitted with English translations.
3. It is mandatory to submit all required documents. The Visa Section reserves the right to request for additional documents if it deems it necessary.
4. Visa fees Tarif.
5. The Visa Section requires the applicant to appear personally.
6. The Visa section reserves the right to ask a visa holder to appear personally on their return to Pakistan.