Long-stay “Visitor” visa

For whom is this visa for ?

This visa concerns foreigners who wish to :

- stay on French territory composed of the European territory, French overseas departments/ regions, the autonomous territories of Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Barthélemy and Saint Martin, for a period of three to twelve months;

- possessing sufficient financial resources and means for meeting their needs during their stay in France without carrying on any regulated professional activity.

Supporting documents to be submitted for this visa

1. An ordinary passport or other recognised travel document valid for at least three months from the expiry date of the visa applied for. This document must have at least two fresh pages. Please attach copy of previous and cancelled passports, if any.

2. Two long-stay visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.

3. Three recent photographs of the applicant. Please check photograph specifications here.

4. Proof of sufficient means of subsistence in France covering the entire period of the stay (e.g. bank statements for the last three months, pensions, private income, etc.)

5. Letter stating purpose of stay with corresponding proof.

6. Duly dated and signed Letter of Undertaking that the applicant will not carry on any professional activity in France.

7. Proof of accommodation in France for the duration of the stay (property deeds, lease deed, accommodation provided by a host.)

8. Proof of medical cover for the duration of the stay (insurance, social security agreement, etc.)

9. The application for OFII (Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration) attestation. The first part of the application should have been duly filled by the applicant. The surname and given name(s) must match exactly as they appear in the passport.

10. If you are a foreigner residing in Pakistan, copy of residence permit in Pakistan.

11. For an accompanying minor, proof of admission in a school in France.

12. If required, the French consular services reserve the right to request the applicant to submit an extract of their police record or its equivalent (non conviction certificate/clearance).

Dernière modification : 22/08/2013

top of the page